Icy cold smoothie? It sounds good right now, doesn’t it? And it is 🍹.
Like all of our recipes this recipe is yummylicious as well as hormone loving and waistline pleasing. Plus it’s ridiculously easy, so easy I feel like I’m telling you to suck eggs a bit. But hey, sometimes we just need a bit of inspiration to change it up.
Summertime has arrived down under and I’m totally not complaining about that. However, it’s why I’ve been looking for really icy cold foods that fill me up and cool me down. I’m a little bit addicted to our Shake It Off nutritional powder because I find it delicious and it’s an easy filler, I know it’s got some amazing ingredients in it and I can fill up on the run so it’s super easy peasy. Adding a load of ice cubes to it creates that icy cold treat I’m searching for.
Plus it’s on special right now for $39 (was $69), and I don’t know about you but a bargain’s always good in my book. You can buy it here.
NB: You will need to use a blender to break up the ice.
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 2 scoops Shake It Off nutritional powder
- 12-15 ice cubes
- Water or milk of your choice. I use non-dairy like unsweetened almond, coconut, cashew or soy.
- Some lime juice and/or mint leaves adds a touch of pizzazz.
- You could swap out the blackberries for blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or a frozen banana – whatever you like.
- If you’re using the banana version try adding 1-2 tbsp cacao nib or cocoa powder.
- If you haven’t got any fruit on hand you can use the nutritional powder on its own or add 1-2 tbsp cacao nibs or cocoa powder.
- Put it all in your whizzer and blend. See, I told you it was easy peasy.
Tip: I have a George Foreman Mix & Go Pro, which I love. It’s really good, it just blends till it’s ready.
Main image: pixabay (because it’s better than mine!)