Icy cold smoothie? It sounds good right now, doesn’t it? And it is .
Like all of our recipes this recipe is yummylicious as well as hormone loving and waistline pleasing. Plus it’s ridiculously easy, so easy I feel like I’m telling you to suck eggs a bit. But hey, sometimes we just need a bit of inspiration to change it up.
Summertime has arrived down under and I’m totally not complaining about that. However, it’s why I’ve been looking for really icy cold foods that fill me up and cool me down. I’m a little bit addicted to protein powders because they fill me up and protein is something we need a good amount of. I find it to be an easy filler when I’m on the run or feeling hungry and don’t want to grab junk that my body can’t process. Adding a load of ice cubes to it creates that icy cold treat I’m searching for.
NB: You will need to use a blender to break up the ice if that’s the effect you’re looking for.
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 12-15 ice cubes
- Water or milk of your choice. Coconut water’s great, so’s plain filtered and I use non-dairy milk like unsweetened almond, coconut, cashew or soy as dairy can be problematic for some of us.
- 2 scoops of your favourite protein powder
- Some lime juice and/or mint leaves adds a touch of pizzazz.
- You could swap out the blackberries for blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or a frozen banana – whatever you like.
- If you’re using the banana version try adding 1-2 tbsp cacao nib or cocoa powder.
- Put it all in your whizzer and blend. See, I told you it was easy peasy.
Tip: I have a George Foreman Mix & Go Pro, which I love. It’s really good, it just blends till it’s ready.
Main image: pixabay (because it’s better than mine!)