One of my favourite things to do is make zucchini pasta.
I know it’s rather old hat now but it’s helped changed my life nutritionally. I use the Pete Evans Spiraliser I purchased at Farmers for the bargain price of $29.99.
Check it out here:
How it works is, you take a zucchini (a larger sized one is better than smaller), chop off one end and attach that to the ‘spikes’, the other end can be ‘speared’ to the attachment on the other end. Turn the handle, and hey presto! You get spiralised pasta strips that you can blanch or eat raw.
My goal is to get an electric one that does the work for me. I see Kenwood do one now for $170.
Anyway, back to the zucchini pasta, it’s delicious and nutritious. It’s also designed to be used as a pasta alternative so it’s brilliant for Meno-She’s who wish to manage their weight.
I was going to some friends not long after I bought my spiraliser, and knowing they were health conscious I took it with me and made zucchini pasta with broccoli pesto for them.
Broccoli rather than pesto I hear you ask?
Yep. It’s delicious!
Broccoli Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 head of broccoli
- ¾ C or 3 tbsp pine nuts, walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ C (60ml) lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ C (60ML) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 C (160 gm) grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the broccoli, ½ cup (80g) of the nuts or seeds, garlic, lemon zest and juice, oil, parmesan, salt and pepper in a food processor and whizz. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the rest of the nuts/seeds and also set aside.
- Divide your zucchini pasta between plates and top with the reserved nuts/seeds, a little shake of parmesan and some fresh basil leaves.
I hope you enjoy!
Mailing list Sign-up
Sign up to our mailing list here for latest news, products, tips, advice and competitions… and receive a free eBook on ways to support your body and minimise the symptoms of menopause.& competitions… and receive a free eBook on ways to support your body & minimise the symptoms of menopause.