Why am I putting on weight?
We hear that question frequently from many of you – I know the feeling and it’s not a fun one.
But let me be clear. It’s not about going on a diet.
In fact, in two words?
That doesn’t mean you can’t lose weight though.
If you’ve found you’ve been putting on weight that you just can’t seem to shift (as so many of you say) I have news for you.
You are likely not dealing with a weight issue so much as hormone imbalance issue.
Hmmm. I know right? I’m not putting out a blanket statement as everyone’s body is different but this is an extremely common scenario.
And the trick to your clothes fitting nicely again – at least for the next two or three weeks – is to eat more and exercise less.
What did I just say?
I know, I hear you! The eat less, exercise more theory is something I was brought up on too.
And some movement is still great, but nothing too hard-out that’s going to stress your body because the reality is that hormone imbalance could be behind your weight gain – most particularly cortisol and insulin. Strenuous exercise, particularly if you’re not used to it exacerbates the problem.
What can you do?
Your first priority should be to get your hormones back into balance.
Do that and the byproduct is weight loss so not only will your clothes feel looser, you’ll also feel more vital and happier and sleep better!
So please eat more. Lean protein. Vegetables. Some Fruit. Lots of colour. Not potato chips and milk chocolate! 😀
Focus on adding more food into your diet and count nutrients, not calories (kilojoules). 💃💃💃
At MenoMe we support you with 40+ and 55+ and lots of great info. Youology’s focus is weight loss, skin health and nutrition wisdom plus I’ll let you know about new health and beauty products on the market. Basically Youology is a place for 40+ women where I’ll help you look and feel great.
HORMONE HEALTH SALAD BOWL WITH KALE CHIPS
& LEMON GINGER DRESSING
This is an easy peasy filling salad recipe. I hope you enjoy it and if you don’t like something it’s easy to swap them out for something more to your fancy.
- 1 roasted sweet potato, chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned or slice a few strawberries
- 5 to 6 mint and basil leaves, torn
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cooked lentils or you could use chicken, salmon, black beans or 1/2 cup brown rice
- Add all the ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- Mix well.
- 2 cups chopped or torn kale with stems removed
- Wash and dry
- Lay baking paper on an oven tray.
- Pour coconut oil over kale and massage it through.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. (Sometimes I add some chilli flakes for punch.)
- Bake on 2000 C for 15-20 minutes.
Add to salad.
Don’t like Kale? Thinly slice the sweet potato with a mandolin instead.
These chips are delicious on their own too.
LEMON GINGER DRESSING
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store in a closed mason jar up to seven days.
If you need help with managing your weight come and visit Youology.