These lemon and coconut balls are OMG delicious. The piquant taste of lemon combined with the sweetness of dates and nuttiness of almonds, pumpkin seeds and coconut. Mmmmmm.
Because they don’t contain refined sugar they won’t spike your blood sugar which can be one of the reasons for midlife weight gain. The inclusion of the protein powder adds a little bit of filling sustenance.
With that said, it doesn’t mean it would be a good idea to sit down and polish off the lot in one sitting but by all means enjoy!
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice or swap out 1/3-1/2 cup fine almond flour
Prep time: 7 minutes
- Pop everything into a food processor and whizz together
- If you’ve swapped the protein powder for flour and the mixture seems a bit dry add a drop of water to it.
- Roll into balls with your hands.
- Spread some coconut on a sheet of baking paper or a tray and roll the balls in the coconut to coat them.