Do you need a protein hit to keep your appetite sated, boost your daily nutrition quota and help your hormones stay balanced?
Look no further than this delicious concoction aka smoothie recipe.
Not only is it super easy, it’s super delicious too, and if time is not your friend you can sup it on the go.
- 1/2 banana or 1 medium sized apple
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut water
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flaxseed oil
Optional: 2 tbsp protein powder
To sweeten: 1 tbsp chopped dates, dash of maple syrup or stevia
Tip: use frozen bananas or add some ice in summer
- Pop all the ingredients in your blender and blend. Easy peasy.
- Garnish with a cinnamon quill.
- . Almond milk has about 40 calories a cup and coconut water about 45 calories. Half a banana will give you approximately 45 calories and an apple around 50. Cinnamon has negligible calories, oil a small amount. All up your (1 cup) smoothie will be around 85 calories (355 kilojoules) to 90 calories (376 kilojoules). If you add sweetener add around 10-20 more calories.
- Coconut and almond milk give you a protein boost and reduce hunger, Furthermore, protein helps strengthen your bones, boosts metabolism, reduces cravings for snacks, lowers blood pressure and aids long-term weight management. We ♥ protein.
- Bananas are rich in potassium, lower your blood pressure, up your energy, boost your mood, and are gentle on your stomach.
- Apples are high in fibre and therefore good for satiety and weight loss, they’ve also been linked with lower incidence of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, asthma and stroke. In addition, apples contain pectin which is prebiotic aka good bacteria essential for gut health and aid bone density.
- Cinnamon has powerful medicinal and weight management benefits plus it’s chock full of antioxidants giving it the honour of being known as a superfood. It’s also anti-inflammatory, helps regulate insulin (hugely important with metabolism and weight loss as well as the risk of Type 2 Diabetes – in fact, cinnamon is anti-diabetic). Plus science shows it helps protect against cancer, HIV and neurodegenerative diseases.
If you try this recipe please share your pix with us on Instagram here and tag #menome, we’d love to see.
Or, if you’ve got a recipe you want to share let us know.
#smoothielicious #nutritientblast #satiety #weightmanagement #bananaandcinnamonsmoothie #nomnom
Sign-up to our newsletter here and receive a free eBook on ways to support your body and minimise the symptoms of menopause.
Have you joined us on social media? Take your pick here;
We look forward to sharing with you!